A Brief History of the American Presidency
A brief history of the American presidency:
- Ronald Reagan illegally sold arms to the Iranians and used the proceeds to fund an illegal war in Central America. When confronted, he used the standard Mafia defense: “I have no recollection of these events.” He was not impeached.
- George H. Bush ordered the bombing of civilian targets in Iraq, a war crime for which men were hanged at Nuremberg. Over half a million civilians died of dysentery after the water treatment facilities were destroyed. He was not impeached.
- Bill Clinton was impeached for lying about a blow job.
- George W. Bush began a war on false pretenses and oversaw the torture of captured suspects, war crimes for which men were hanged at Nuremberg. He was not impeached.
- Barack Obama had a soothing baritone voice and was present for eight years.
- Donald Trump was impeached for a combination of corruption and insanity. His defense– “But all the other presidents do it!”– was not accepted, neither by congress nor by anyone’s mother.