Ways that my wife is like my mother, that I didn’t realize before we married:
- If we are at opposite ends of the house, she starts hollering and assumes I can understand her. I can not.
- Sometimes she talks in a normal tone of voice assuming I am in the same room as her, when I am not.
- She compliments me on the clothes she bought me.
- We can sit quietly for a long time without saying anything, but when I start to leave she suddenly has a dozen things to stay.
- She keeps the house blazing hot in the winter, ice cold in the summer.
- She insists I take the last piece of pizza.